Welcome to the healthy corner.
With mobiles and other bright screens filling our lives, our eyes need a lot more caring than we normally do. We can’t avoid Laptop & mobile fully but we can control by taking break in every half an hour while using screen & improve eyesight by eating healthy food. Proper care of eyes is utmost responsibility of everyone.
Some of us know and agree the importance of eating fruits & veggies that can help our eyes. But very few actually take little extra efforts to make juices & follow proper intake of nutrients daily.
So I decided to make fruits/veg juices that are especially good for eyes . So last full week every morning I prepared 1 juice with different main ingredients so kids will have variety of taste & colors. I’m so surprised when twins had finished juices in one go & wanted more. There is sense of fulfillment when you see your kids enjoying healthy food.
So starting 7 DAYS SERIES for healthy food starting with 7 different easy & highly nutritious juices for eyes.
For lazy Sunday -Red Eye opener
Tomato & Beetroot juice great way to start off your day.
- 1-2 medium sized tomato
- 1/2 cup finely cut beetroot
- Small piece of ginger
- Rock salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- In blender/juicer add chopped tomatoes, beetroot, & ginger. Blend very well till fine puree .
- Add 1 cup water, lemon juice & rock salt blend it again
- Sieve it with fine mesh strainer/muslin cloth, extract all the juice from pulp
- Don’t throw pulp you can use it while making curry & veg biryani
Monday blues -Orange boost
Orange & carrot juice easy for busy Monday morning
- In Juicer add chopped carrot & oranges. Add water or ice cube mix properly & in few steps your energy boost is ready
- Sour taste of oranges & sweetness of carrot give delicious taste so no need to add sugar & salt .
- Freeze remaining pulp in ice tray. You can use it in ice-creams, Popsicles, & muffins
- Slightly cooked & sweetened berries taste better than raw. So I cooked it in pressure cooker only for 1 whistle. You can use steamer also.
- Once cooked pieces can be easily removed with hand, no need to cut.
- Add water, sugar or honey mix & serve it.
- Never throw this pulp store it in fridge & apply on hair before hair wash
Welcome Wednesday with this refreshing drink
Green juice- Spinach, coriander, mint & broccoli
- 7-8 spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 3-4 florets of broccoli(optional)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Except lemon juice blend all ingredients till fine puree.
- Add water or ice cubes, lemon juice & rock salt blend it again
- Use remaining pulp in making paratha & puris
Bright red juice for Thursday
- Berries are rich source antioxidents which help to improve & protect your vision
- Here I made juice of strawberry only as kids liked to eat blueberry & blackberry directly.
- In juice add sugar or red apple as sweetener .
- Freeze remaining pulp you can use it in deserts & smoothie.This ice cube can be used even as face pack.
Kick-start Friday with this energy drink
Green Apple,Kiwi & pear
- Add chopped green apple , pear & peeled kiwi through juicer. I used juicer as it extracts black seeds of kiwi easily
- This juice has perfect sweet, sour & refreshing taste.
Start your weekend in delightful way
- Both are packed with nutritious vitamins & minerals which good for eye health
- Blend nicely pomegranate perils & black grapes
- Rich flavored juice is ready. No need to add extra sugar or salt
- Fruits & veggies are healthiest option but if you are allergic to any fruit/veg, diabetic or having any chronic disease, please consult Doctor before taking any of these juices.
- For juicing you don’t need high end Juicer, With normal blender/mixer you can make perfect juice only effort is straining juice & cutting fruits/veggies into small-medium size pieces. For Juicer fruits/veggies can be cut into big pieces but cleaning all parts of juicer is little tedious.
- I prefer blender when juice ingredients are soft, seedless & less in quantity . Otherwise I always prefer juicer
- To sieve or not is personal choice
- Don’t worry about quantity 1/4th glass is also sufficient if you are taking juices regularly.
- Morning is best time for having juice & drink it immediately after juicing.
- Here I used less & easily available fruits/veggies, you can add ingredients of your choice.
- Wash fruits/veggies thoroughly before cutting.
Thanks for visiting & I hope you enjoyed reading this post.
Follow this 7-Days series of healthy & easy juices only for eyes & let me know your feedback.
©2017 Bhavana Colourfulcanvas, All Rights Reserved.