Welcome to Healthy Corner. This is second post in Salad and soup section. I like dining table full of variety of delicious and colourful food, who doesn’t?😋
But everyday it’s difficult to make so many dishes. At least we can try for one different dish everyday. Its highly suggested to eat dark colour veggies, fruits and grains because of rich in nutrients. So sharing with you this different “Power Packed Purple” Salad today .
Saying power packed as it has –
-Kidney beans(Rajma) are awesome source of iron, manganese, folate, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
-Beetroot rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C.
-Pomegranates have anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-tumor properties
-Red cabbage rich in antioxidants and is very low in calories
-Red spinach (red amaranth leaves/ red rajgira leaves) high in vitamin C, vitamin A and folate
*I always wonder why it called red cabbage and spinach as both are purple in color😄
- 1 cup kidney beans ,soaked overnight or for 8-10 hrs
- 1 cup beetroot peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 1 bunch of red spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil/sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- Black paper as required
- 1 Tbspoon lemon juice
- Salt as required
- Wash kidney beans 3-4 times then Soak kidney beans overnight(for 8-10hrs),discard that water & rinse beans with fresh water. Pressure cook beans for15-20 mins or till it cooked well.
- In cooking pan add little oilve oil/sunflower oil add chopped onions saute till onions turn translucent
- Then add ginger -garlic paste ,cook till raw aroma goes away
- Add cummin powder, coriander powder
- Add chopped beetroot,cover pot and let it cook for 3-4 mins
- Once beetroot cooked add boiled kidney beans, red cabbage
- Mix all veggies well, add black pepper,chat masala ,lemon juice and salt as per your taste. Toss it very well
- Take it out in Salad bowl/dish
- Take griddle/tawa/cast iron pan spread very little oil all over the pan ,keep flame on low ,put red spinach leaves all over the pan, cook till leaves become crispy, sprinkle with chat masala
- Add pomegranate seeds to bowl n mix it well
- Decorate salad bowl/ dish with red spinach leaves
Power Packed Purple salad is ready . This goes very well with light meal also good and healthy option for party.
Stay tuned for more healthy recipes. Try this recipe & let me know your feedback.
©2017 Bhavana Colourfulcanvas, All Rights Reserved.