Welcome to Salad and soup section. I love trying new recipes and experimenting with colors and taste of vegetables.
My friends and family always praise my cooking style and big fan of salads and soups. So I am starting with Salads.
This is nature’s miracle in the form of fresh ,colurful fruits,vegetables and grains and we are so blessed that we can enjoy this variety in our daily life. So today sharing “Rainbow salad” recipe with you which is packed with rich nutrients and super healthy
Eat the colours of the Rainbow everyday & Keep your Doctor away.
This is perfect start for your indoor/outdoor party .
For this salad if you want layers/designs of different color veggies then follow procedure separately for each veggies. This is little time consuming but it looks very tempting.😀
So let’s get started
- 1 cup Green ,red, yellow and orange capsicum each cut into long pieces
- 2 cups carrots peeled & shredded
- 1 cup cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup broccoli cut into small florets
- 1.5 cups onion cut into long pieces
- 1 cup chopped red tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce cut into long pieces
- 4-5 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil or add as required
- Black paper powder as required
- Salt as required
I like slightly cooked/steamed veggies in salad . But if you prefer raw veggies skip that cooking steps.
You can add vegetables of your choices and vary proportion more/less according to your taste.
- Mix lettuce ,tomato , cucumber and purple cabbage in one large bowl
- Take 1 tbsp Olive oil in small bowl add little minced garlic ,black paper, salt and lemon juice mix it properly .
- In one cooking pan add 1 tbsp Olive oil When oil slightly warm add remaining garlic and onions. once onion slightly cooked add brrocoli cover the pot and let brrocoli cook for a little time then you add shredded carrots and cut capsicum .Add black pepper powder ,salt and lemon juice. Make sure veggies should be slightly cooked just to leave raw taste but it should be crunchy.
- Mix this Salad to main bowl, toss well so that all veggies are coated with dressing.
Veggies lightly cooked and coated with dressing separately.
And your colourful Rainbow salad is ready 😃
Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for more colourful and vibrant recipes.